Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lifeline

Away from the blogosphere, away from the chatosphere and away from the pictosphere. That sums up my existence for the past 13 days without my iPhone. Yes, I depend on it. Rather than call myself a slave to it, I'd describe it as an extension of myself- for it performs not just the above-mentioned functions but provides a moral support just by being there. I don't know if you understand this.

The past 13 days went by in a blur.

Since I didn't have my organiser beeping every day to remind me of tasks, I forgot booking the gas and almost forgot R's inoculation (dutifully stencilled in the iPhone months ago). 

Since I didn't have my 500 odd favourite songs accompanying me on my morning walk, I decided to sleep in extra till my phone returned. (An additional kilo gained)

Since I didn't have easy access to my 3k odd photos, I didn't waste time rifling through them whenever I had a minute to spare and actually used that time productively!

However, I cannot imagine living on endlessly without my phone. It helps me connect/ meditate/ express- just live.

Yes, it's my lifeline!

Image courtesy: scaredpoet.com

No comments: