Sunday, September 23, 2012

This old man's house


Now R has this habit of watching the iPad while having milk. It's a bad habit I cultivated because she wouldn't take to formula and now it's stuck. 
One of the many things she likes watching are television commercials- lots of them- not surprising coz her lineage is from a communications background- but I guess it's more to do with the fact that they're short and snappy and have a new world of characters.
Her current favourite are the Vodafone old man series, where the trespassing boy gets a gift - and later plays carrom with the old guy. Now R's paediatrician bears an uncanny resemblance to this old man- prompting me to compare him with the clearly unfavoured character in R's little brain. But I love this man. Look what a wonderful house he stays in- it even has a garage of it's own- houses that I've lived in all my life- well, majority of my life and that's how dwellings should be- with a garden, a garage, an attic, a storeroom... Part of me feels cheated as I stay in a small apartment. 
This house looks so warm and comfortable. The door is polished a dark brown, the clock in the verandah- God knows the last time I sat in a verandah must have been in the porch of a hotel- looks so old and you can spy an antique radio in the background- so beautiful... 

No comments: